I feel a bit sad today..  

Posted by Fist


I found out today that artist John Berkey died at the end of April, When I was young his art work had a strong impact on me ( I'm sure you can guess why), It's not that I followed his work all my life, but it was one of those things that when you find out someone has passed you kinda go "Wow that really sucks ." and you sort of look back and realize how much of what he did had an affect on you in a professional sense.

Apparently he had never even seen Star Wars, although the Death Star was based on his artwork and he didn't even consider Sci-fi a form of literature.

This entry was posted on May 7, 2008 at Wednesday, May 07, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

One of Kevin's favorite artist is from The Island, E.J. Hughes and when he passed away he too was sad.

SO sorry I missed your blogging. I have you on my RSS reader so I am a bit confused as to how I could have missed it :S BLOG MORE NOW!!!

May 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM

I had that poster on my wall for a loooong time when I was a kid. I got it free inside the Star Wars double LP soundtrack I bought just after the movie came out.

This has got me so misty-eyed I think I shall refrain from mocking and join you in paying respects.

...

...

Ok, your blog still sucks.

July 7, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Post a Comment